Conselium, an executive search firm, has completed a search on behalf of Biogen Idec. Ms. Patricia Punder began her role of Regional Compliance Officer, Latin America on 8-1-2012 in their Sao Paulo, Brazil offices.
Ms. Punder’s Responsibilities include:
- Implement and augment global Compliance program to transform compliance into a business partner, while embedding compliance with policies, procedures, laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Identify and assess existing and emerging business practice issues and risks.
- Work in resolving individual compliance issues/questions, and investigations assessing causes, developing corrective actions and ensuring consistent discipline.
- Identify inefficient or ineffective business processes and work to streamline such processes, including elimination of compliance roadblocks.
- Direct efforts to develop and enhance existing controls, e.g. monitoring and auditing.
- Ensure global and regional compliance methodology and programs are integrated and well documented to adequately demonstrate program effectiveness.
- Ensure all employees are educated on Code of Business Conduct and other global programs.
- Assist in the development, organization and implementation of regional and local training programs as well as measuring the effectiveness of these programs.
Ms. Punder was previously Compliance Officer for Baxter International and Whirlpool SA.Biogen Idec aims to meet the unmet needs of patients. The biotech giant is focused on developing treatments in the areas of immunology, and neurology. Its product roster includes best-selling Avonex, the most popular drug for the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis; Rituxan, a monoclonal antibody developed with Genentech that treats non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and rheumatoid arthritis; multiple sclerosis and Crohn’s disease drug Tysabri; and Fumaderm, a psoriasis drug marketed in Germany. Biogen Idec serves customers in more than 90 countries.Published by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.