Head of Compliance International (REVISED)
Leading International Biopharmaceutical
London, United Kingdom (READ ALTERNATIVES BELOW)
WE PREFER TO HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL LIVE AND WORK IN OUR LONDON AREA OFFICE. FOR QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS UNABLE TO RELOCATE WE WILL CONSIDER PROFESSIONALS THAT LIVE IN THESE CITIES: Amsterdam, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Milan.
We are representing a premier international biopharmaceutical company experiencing great revenue growth and expanding global footprint. We currently conduct business in over 25 countries and project to have revenues over $1BB in 3 years.
Why Join Us:
- Our mission is compelling…we develop medicines for patients with rare diseases (we don’t enhance lives…we save lives)
- Your geographic scope will include all of Europe and Asia Pacific
- You will have great autonomy; reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer in USA
- You will have opportunity to develop and enhance the international compliance program
- You will have continuous opportunity to be involved in new product launches
- Compliance is separate from Legal so no conflicts of interest
- Culture built on: empowerment, trying new approaches, rewarding innovation
Head of Compliance International –expectations first 12 months:
- Establish self as leader within the International Leadership Team
- Develop relationships with regional and country operations teams
- Identify gaps in the compliance program and develop the compliance program plan
Head of Compliance International Responsibilities:
- Continuing to review and enhance compliance program strategy for the international business. This includes helping to set yearly strategic priorities, getting input from the operations executives on key upcoming business priorities and activities, and staying abreast of key changes in international law in order to identify gaps or weaknesses.
- Though corporate compliance is the primary focus of this role, you will also represent the Quality Organization on the International Leadership Team. In that regard you will communicate the Quality strategy set forth by the VP Global Quality for the international business.
- Lead the International Compliance Committee and be an active member of the Global Compliance Committee and International Leadership Team. This includes being the principal advocate and voice for the international compliance and quality perspective on these committees.
- Explaining the “what” and “why” behind compliance and quality requirements and initiatives and will be adept at generating buy-in and consensus around rational and compliant solutions.
Head of Compliance International Requirements:
- Education: Advanced degree is preferred; law degree favored
- Industry experience: Must have in-house experience in Biotech, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device company
- Technical expertise: Must have command of Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption inclusive of the FCPA and UK Bribery Act. Priority given to understanding the pharmaceutical code of at least one country
- Geographic scope: Prefer professional with current EU regional responsibilities
- Current domicile: Prefer professional currently living in the EU
- Language skills: Must have English business proficiency (verbal and written)
- Executive presence: Outstanding communicator capable of simplifying complex problems into simple language and explaining the “what” and “why” behind initiatives and decisions
- Full relocation package provided by client.
- Qualified professionals send CV in English and as WORD document to: email@example.com
- Provide your current base salary and annual bonus expressed in U.S. dollars or British Pounds (GBP)