We are representing a Premier International Telecommunications Company with a 150-year history of success. Our client conducts business in over 100 countries throughout the world. The Lead Compliance Counsel is responsible for designing and implementing the compliance program for the business groups (BGs). The role is accountable for promoting and monitoring compliance practices and for embedding a culture of the highest ethics and integrity.
Responsibilities for Lead Compliance Counsel:
- Deploy global compliance program throughout the BGs by ensuring that global E&C policies, processes and tools are effectively communicated to the appropriate employee groups within the BGs.
- Lead periodic BG Compliance Committees with respective senior management teams to drive management understanding and accountability of compliance risks.
- Conduct bi-annual Compliance Operating Reviews (deep dive risk assessments) for the respective BGs.
- Act as the primary contact point and internal expert with respect to compliance matters for the BGs.
- Conduct and/or cascade targeted training on compliance-related topics, and current policies and/or procedures to high-risk managers and employees.
- Identify compliance matters that require follow-up or investigation, and, as appropriate, conduct or support investigations
- Monitor the installation and effectiveness of compliance controls and programs in the BGs, including by conducting Compliance Control Frameworks reviews, risk assessments, reviews of internal audit findings and other monitoring activities.
- Develop and lead remediation activities as needed.
- Support compliance due diligence and approvals activities (e.g., third party screening, gifts/hospitality, sponsorships & donations) as needed.
Requirements for Lead Compliance Counsel:
- Professional certification or qualification in Law, Accounting and/or Audit
- Experience & understanding of compliance issues confronting the industry obtained from in-house work or as a consultant to telecommunications companies
- Strong knowledge of key anti-bribery legislation including the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and other applicable legislation
- Experience conducting, analysing and/or making decisions and recommendations based on compliance due diligence
Application Process for Lead Compliance Counsel:
- Please send CV as WORD document to: firstname.lastname@example.org