We are Recruiting for a Director of Compliance (the Top Compliance role) at a large Diagnostic Lab near Orlando (Full Relo Available). The organization is consistently on Fortune’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies.
Why Join Us:
- The role is the Head of Compliance for this location of 500 employees and will manage 2 employees
- Opportunity to oversee a rapidly growing healthcare compliance program
- High visibility position with strategic input
- Opportunity to align the compliance program with the business and participate in strategic healthcare initiatives
Expectations first 12 months:
- Establish self as business partner, building working relationships with business and Service Center Leadership
- Continue maturity of compliance program, based on compliance risk and maturity assessments
- Formulate action plan to address risks and gaps in program and talent
- Maintain proper compliance culture to support high level of service to retail locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with Lab leadership to develop compliance infrastructure that incorporates the seven elements of an effective healthcare compliance program.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Maintains knowledge of compliance and regulatory matters, referring to involved departments and individuals as appropriate.
- Reviews and strengthens the Corporate Compliance Program by developing and promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) awareness and understanding of the Standards of Business Conduct (c) understanding of existing compliance issues/policies, and (d) awareness of new issues as they occur and development of new policies and procedures accordingly
- Ensures alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and the Standards of Business Conduct are examined
- Assists in the development of corrective action plans when areas of opportunity are identified.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Demonstrated experience acting as a Chief Compliance Officer or similar role overseeing a Fraud Waste and Abuse (FWA) healthcare compliance program
- In depth knowledge of the False Claims Act (FCA), including industry best practice controls and monitoring activities
- Experience managing and coordinating interactions with CMS, Medicare Administrative Contractors (MAC) and other similar federal and state healthcare regulators, including responding to and documenting responses
- Preferred experience dealing with Medicare billing and coding requirements, and coding monitoring and audit programs.
- Bachelor degree, with preference for an advanced degree or certifications.
- Maintains a high degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust. Strong communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and is supportive of the mission and objectives of the company.
- Maintains an open management style. Demonstrated success in project management and working cooperatively with others in seeking resolution to problems.
- Demonstrated executive level presentation experience.
**Note — Comprehensive relocation package available to qualified candidates, remote working option not available
Published by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.
Application Process for Senior Director of Compliance, Lab Services – Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Jessica Simpson at Jessica@conselium.com