This is the second installment of 10 Strategies to Help Develop Your Career. See our website for last month’s archived article.
6. Manage your own morale; in today’s flat organization don’t look to senior management to be your cheerleader. Be self-motivated.
7. Be deliberate in changing employers; if your learning and career growth options have stalled, look elsewhere.
8. Take initiative; take a bold step in becoming a leader. Offer to take the lead on an important project or volunteer to give a presentation on a topic you would like to learn about or are already an expert on.
9. Create work/life balance; time away from work recharges your batteries.
10. Be a lifelong learner; learning shouldn’t end with graduation. Read books and articles to develop your technical skills and presentation skills.
Career success is not obtained by accident or luck… It requires commitment, which is defined as the difference between wishing and doing.Published by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.