You’re looking for the best, right? Executive search firms find employees that will benefit your company. When using a head-hunter, follow these guidelines to maximize results.
1) Communicate to the recruiter precisely who you’re looking for. Search firms are there to comb through the massive amount of potential candidates because you don’t have the time.
2) Play an active role in the hiring process. Ask recruiters to identify a candidate’s work history, background and any questions you may have concerning their experience.
3) Take advantage of the connections recruiters have. Search firms have cultivated connections throughout various industries that you may not have access to. Remember: They were hired to find the best possible candidate for you!
4) Identify an executive recruiter in the field you want to hire within. While we’re on the topic of connections, it’s crucial that your head hunter has connections in the correct field. Searching for a senior-level executive in the compliance field is difficult if you’re recruiter only has contacts in the retail and wholesale industries.
5) Define particulars. When you know what position in your company needs to be filled and how, it’s much easier to communicate your ideas and concerns to a recruiter.
While these five steps may seem like no-brainers, they can often be overlooked. Clear communication with executive search firms gives you the ability to find a candidate you might never have stumbled upon. More importantly, it gives your recruiter the chance convince potential employees because they are armed with the proper information.
Need more information about the benefits of executive search firms? Check out this article.
Published by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.