We are exclusively representing a well-established bank in their search for a Compliance Officer in Merrillville, Indiana.
Why Join Us:
- Lead the compliance effort for a state bank with over 150 years of excellence in serving its community
- Over $4.5 billion in assets and poised to double in next 15 years
- Long-term career growth and the opportunity to create a best-in-class compliance program
Expectations first 12 months:
- Act in the capacity of the Bank’s Director of Compliance, Fair Lending Officer, and Privacy Officer
- Assess the bank’s compliance program and develop key strategies to ensure operational effectiveness, adequate oversight, and control of the Bank’s compliance activities
- Design, create, implement and consistently monitor bank-wide CMS
- Overall responsibility to ensure that the bank embraces a culture of compliance
- Maintain the requisite knowledge of laws and regulations to ensure that they are seen as a critical resource for regulatory expertise.
- Interpret regulations, make decisions and provide recommendations to staff and leadership
- Directly responsible for the annual or quarterly HMDA submissions
- Assist examiners during state and federal examinations which include but are not limited to: preparing documentation and electronic files, providing responses to inquiries from examiners after speaking with department heads, assisting with technical issues and other duties as deemed necessary
- Coordinate, oversee, and track the completion of compliance reviews and compliance reports
- Develop compliance policies, procedures and training materials and implements the program
- Interact with Regulatory Owners specific to Regulatory Testing
- Conduct regulatory testing as required to ensure Fair Lending and HMDA compliance
- Oversee compliance activities for marketing
- Responsible for management and monitoring of customer complaints as well as reporting periodically to the Audit Committee
- Participate as a member of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee
- Train management and associates in consumer protection laws and regulations
- Assess emerging issues or potential liabilities
- 8 years of experience in Compliance specific to banking and at least 4 years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in related compliance management role
- CRCM certification required.
Application Process– Qualified professionals are to submit a resume to Jessica Simpson at: firstname.lastname@example.orgPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.