Conselium, an executive search firm, has completed a search on behalf of Syngenta Crop Protection AG. Ms. Luciana Sabatini began her role of Regional Compliance Officer, LatAm on September 1, 2013 in their Sao Paulo, Brazil offices.
Ms. Sabatini’s Responsibilities include:
- Define the compliance strategic agenda and implement and monitor the compliance program
- Actively engage with and contribute to the Compliance and Risk Management Committees
- Roll-out and implement global compliance policies in LatAm
- Develop compliance training and awareness programs and roll-out and implement such programs
- Review that policies and procedures are followed to reduce the risks of non-compliance with laws/regulations
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability by conducting risk assessments and develop/implement corrective action plans
- Act as an independent review and evaluation function to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within region are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- respond to alleged violations of laws, regulations, Code of Conduct, policies, procedures, etc. by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Conduct investigations into alleged acts of compliance violations, or support investigations led by others
Ms. Sabatini was previously Legal and Compliance Counsel with General Electric.
Syngenta wants to plant the seeds of seed technology around the world. The company is at the top of its industry, along with Bayer CropScience and Monsanto, as one of the world’s largest agrochemical businesses. It is a global leader in crop protection products, including insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides. It produces commercial seeds — both traditional and genetically modified — for field crop seeds (soybeans), vegetable seeds (corn, beans, tomatoes), and flowers. The company also offers lawn and garden and public health products. Syngenta has been combining its expertise in crop traits and genetics, seed treatments, and chemicals to offer its customers integrated services.
Published by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.