We are representing a healthcare company in the Denton, TX area to fill a Senior Director Compliance role. This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative and cutting-edge team that encourages professional and personal growth, embraces diversity, and enables team members to address real-world problems with insight and knowledge.
The Senior Director of Compliance will assist the Chief Compliance Officer with the development, implementation, strategy, management, and oversight of the organization’s Compliance Program. This individual be responsible for leading the operational efforts of the Compliance Program which include implementing and maintaining programs and infrastructure designed to ensure that company meets statutory and regulatory requirements relating to fraud, waste and abuse laws and data privacy.
- Assist in designing, planning, and executing of a comprehensive Compliance program and strategy.
- Oversee team operations and functions including Policy and Procedures, Training and Communications, and Incident Management.
- Advise internal stakeholders of potential compliance risk areas.
- Manage, develop, and mentor Compliance managers and staff both onsite and at remote locations to ensure completion of annual work plans and goals, and the furthering of the team’s skills and career ambitions.
- Collaborate with and support leadership (e.g., Legal, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources) on compliance matters to ensure adherence with laws, regulations, standards, guidelines, best practices, and Code of Conduct.
- Integrate compliance into day-to-day business activities and enable increased business ownership of activities with compliance risk.
- Chair and facilitate regular meetings of the Organizational Compliance Committee to engage cross-functional Compliance ownership and accountability.
- Lead annual compliance risk assessment, manage the risk register, and direct the development of compliance work and audit plans and individual team member goals.
- Perform regular training of personnel on compliance and ethics topics and company policies.
- Implement continuous improvement for the Compliance department internal operations.
- Continually acquire and update personal knowledge to accommodate changes to the organization’s regulatory environment and needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in a healthcare related field). Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to foster strong relationships and use a collaborative approach to conducting compliance activities.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and team members, as well as adapt to changing business needs in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
- Ability to present complex issues and concepts to audiences of varying expertise in the subject matter (both orally and in writing).
- Strong communication skills to facilitate interaction with representatives across the organization, including executives, department directors/managers, Legal Department, staff, and external organizations and agencies.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive or private matters while performing job duties and interacting with colleagues.
- Ability to participate in team projects and fill various roles such as team member, facilitator, or leader as needed.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare delivery system as it relates to government agencies and the enforcement of associated federal and state regulations.
- Expert knowledge in the effective execution of all elements of an effective compliance program per the Office of Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience executing and managing compliance programs in the laboratory healthcare or biotechnology industries (e.g., Anti-kickback Statute, Stark Law, HIPAA, CMS, etc.).
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Compliance and Ethics (CCEP), or similar strongly preferred.
Mental/Physical Demands & Work Environment
Vision, hearing speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position. Light physical effort requires handling average weight objects up to 10 lbs and some standing and walking. Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations’ situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
Application Process for Senior Director Compliance:
Qualified professionals should submit resume to Heather Smith: email@example.com