We are exclusively representing a healthcare company in its search for a Chief Compliance Officer to help lead the organization in its mission to challenge the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable.
Why Join Us:
- Join a company that is striving to transform healthcare at scale. Be a part of a team that, while broadening its impact, is also building a diverse, driven and empathetic team and cultivating an environment where everyone can thrive.
- This is a highly visible, diverse role covering health care and other applicable regulatory issues in a public company.
What to expect:
- Work closely with the Legal, Clinical, and Finance functions to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive program that meets all applicable legal requirements and applicable industry standards.
- Provide leadership in such areas, as: advancing proactive initiatives to advance compliance, implementing effective policies, procedures and training programs; promoting processes for open and effective lines of communication at all levels of the organization; supporting risk assessments, audit and monitoring, and investigation activities; and leading other enterprise-wide compliance initiatives.
- This position will support regulatory compliance and build and support programs to ensure compliance with Medicare, HIPAA, anti-kickback as well as other healthcare and other regulatory requirements related to the Company’s business.
- Implement, and operate effective corporate compliance and privacy programs
- Collaborate with Legal Counsel on cross-cutting legal issues
- Leveraging knowledge of industry best practices to ensure all elements of an effective compliance program are met
- Chair the Company’s Compliance Committee and provide regular reports to the General Counsel, Executive Leadership and Audit Committee regarding compliance initiatives and risks
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop corrective action plans for resolution of any identified issues and implement controls/administer guidance to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Conduct, supervise, and manage compliance and privacy investigations and audits
- Manage healthcare compliance, privacy compliance risks. Expand the Company’s existing Compliance Program to include oversight of these risk areas
- Supporting business function integration of compliance controls into existing business practices, where applicable
- Collaborate with leadership throughout the Company to institute and maintain an effective, compliance communication program, including promoting: (a) heightened awareness of Code of Conduct, (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures, and (c) reporting of compliance related concerns.
- Develop recommendations for new, emerging and/or urgent critical risks or situations that require escalation to executive leadership for awareness and decision
- Develop content for and manage the delivery and tracking of employee compliance training to a diverse workforce
- Promote a culture of compliance including upholding high standards for professional and business conduct/activities
- Maintain and continuously improve the Company’s Compliance Program, including the creation, review and revision of policies and procedures to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry, including broad experience planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and managing compliance programs in entrepreneurial or high growth organizations
- Strong working knowledge of and high-level of familiarity with the full spectrum of compliance risk areas and US laws, regulations, and industry guidance that affect the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with business processes and operations and the implementation and scaling of technologies around transparency reporting, needs and fair market value assessment, compliance controls, and e-learning
- High level of comfort working in evolving business models
- Broad and thorough knowledge of all components of effective compliance programs. Experience with issues and challenges facing the clinical components of the Company with a full understanding of, and ability to adopt, compliance efforts to effectively respond to legal/regulatory changes and technological trends
- Expertise in all aspects of day-to-day compliance program functions, including development and management of compliance related policies and procedures, reporting systems and controls
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with and influence people at all organizational levels of the Company, including senior management and executive leadership
- Strong record of integrity, strict confidentiality and experience in advising leadership on sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment, and to maintain strict confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in handling a variety of sensitive issues
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner, both verbally as well as in writing and presentations
- Strong disposition and desire to be hands on with the ability to manage day-to-day compliance & ethics activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building and management skills
- Strong change and project management skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
- Experience working in a health care provider organization
- Experience directing and implementing compliance and privacy initiatives
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) and/or
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) strongly preferred
- Public company experience preferred.
Application Process- Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Jessica Simpson at: firstname.lastname@example.orgPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.