Conselium, an executive search firm, has completed a search on behalf of Syngenta Crop Protection AG. Mr. Alfredo Lizano began his role of Trade Compliance Officer LatAm on July 1, 2014 in their Panama City, Panama offices.
Mr.Lizano’s Responsibilities include:
- Support Supply Chain and R & D in import/export of the compliant movement of products including documentation, logistics, and communications with local governments
- Research and plan new routes for the movements of products and/or negotiate with the governments on alternative routes for the compliant movement of products
- Manage resources and control Import & Export process, and Free Trade Zones guaranteeing optimum information flow with Planning, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Services and customers
- Alert Global Trade Affairs team and other stakeholders about changes in trade regulations within the region
- Create new training materials for regional operations in accordance with global policies and procedures
- Train regional staff on trade compliance as needed
- Respond to audit issues and coordinate the corrective measures
Mr. Lizano was previously Trade Compliance Specialist with Emerson Electric and Intel.
Syngenta wants to plant the seeds of seed technology around the world. The company is at the top of its industry, along with Bayer CropScience and Monsanto, as one of the world’s largest agrochemical businesses. It is a global leader in crop protection products, including insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides. It produces commercial seeds — both traditional and genetically modified — for field crop seeds (soybeans), vegetable seeds (corn, beans, tomatoes), and flowers. The company also offers lawn and garden and public health products. Syngenta has been combining its expertise in crop traits and genetics, seed treatments, and chemicals to offer its customers integrated services.Published by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.