We are exclusively representing a mission-driven, diverse Global Technology and Human Rights Non-Profit in its search for a Compliance Attorney.
Why Join Us:
- Further the mission to advance Internet freedom in repressive environments by supporting the research, development, implementation, and maintenance of technologies that provide secure and uncensored access to the Internet to counter attempts by authoritarian governments to restrict freedom online.
- Contribute to a diverse team that supports innovative technology solutions to increase access to news and information and affirm human rights online
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance review program to support Client’s financial award decisions.
- Regularly review and update company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Provide research support to the General Counsel on matters of law and regulation.
- Advise upon and improve Client’s policies as they relate to internal and external compliance obligations, including those found in relevant laws, regulations, legal agreements, and policies.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Assist General Counsel with contract preparation and management.
- Draft internal policy memos and external communications related to compliance issues.
- Manage and update contract templates under the direction of the General Counsel.
- Design and manage Client’s internal document management system with an eye to relevant compliance obligations and privacy and security requirements.
- Design and implement effective and engaging training on compliance matters for colleagues and service partners.
- JD from an ABA-approved law school and must be in good standing and an active member of the bar in at least one US jurisdiction.
- Proven ability to analyze and communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct nuanced risk-benefit analysis and contribute thoughtfully to difficult decision points, preferably in a mission-driven organization.
- 3+ years of experience in a legal or compliance role, preferably working with government and non-profit grants, sub-awards, and/or sub-contracts in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Proficient with or can quickly understand the requirements of 2 CFR 200 and related laws and regulations preferred.
Application Process- Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Jessica Simpson at: firstname.lastname@example.orgPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.