We are representing an established multi-state healthcare laboratory and diagnostics firm in their search for a Compliance Director in the Austin, TX area.
Why Join Us:
• Opportunity to work alongside the Company President in continuing the development of a best-in-class compliance program for a multi-state diagnostic laboratory business with 2,000 employees
• Company owned by a large multi-billion-dollar group, bringing stability, investment and growth opportunities
• You will be embedded in a patient-first business seeking to deliver the highest standard of care via medical leadership
• Develop collaborative relationships with members of the Executive Team and counterparts in other business units
• Conduct enterprise-wide compliance risk assessment, develop and implement a comprehensive and uniform compliance program using existing tools and processes in place at Group level
• Reporting to the Company President with a team of two direct reports and a dotted line to the Group Chief Compliance Officer
• The Compliance Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the compliance program which is designed to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct consistent with current guidance and DHHS/OIG Compliance Program for Clinical Laboratories
• Leadership – demonstrates the company’s commitment to ethical business practices, sets the tone with division leadership to facilitate consistent messaging, provides or facilitates resolution of complex business issues that may interface with multiple federal or state laws or agencies; provides guidance for disciplinary action for employees that violate or fail to comply with policies and procedures
• Design, develop, update and implement policies and/or procedures designed to meet the compliance requirements of the company, federal healthcare programs or other applicable fraud and abuse agencies; reviews and evaluates plan effectiveness annually
• Responds to alleged violations of company rules, policies, procedures, state or federal business laws rules or regulations by conducting investigation proceedings when appropriate ensuring the implementation of corrective actions
• Audit & Monitoring – Develop and implement the activities necessary to demonstrate an effective compliance program including but not limited to auditing and monitoring activities; reviews and interprets audit and ensures they are completed timely; maintain compliance reporting, hotline maintenance and education, documentation systems and reporting; performs annual Risk Assessment to define audits needed
• Training & Awareness – Monitor annual Compliance training, implement national compliance awareness programs, materials, training modules and develop local material for new or changing policies, regulations, etc.
• Quarterly and annual reporting as required to compliance committee
• Regular visits to regional locations, investigation of all compliance concerns/complaints, and oversight of HIPAA
• Essential Education: Bachelor’s Degree
• Desirable: Healthcare Compliance Certification, e.g. CHC
• You will bring several years of management level healthcare regulatory and compliance experience, ideally from a laboratory diagnostics or similar business field
Application Process for Compliance Director: Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Steve Harrison: email@example.comPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.