We are exclusively representing a university with an international reputation for educational excellence in its search for a Director of Risk.
Why Join Us:
- Lead a multifaceted program at a nationally ranked research university consistently ranked as one of the nation’s “Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
Expectations first 12 months
- Analyze and determine the university risks that can be cost effectively transferred to insurance, self-insurance programs, or to third parties through contracts, agreements, or other risk transference techniques.
- Initiate, develop, and implement new programs to improve organizational effectiveness and limit the risk of exposing the university to potential liabilities.
- Oversee university Insurance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Youth Protection programs.
- Lead the university’s processes for identifying, analyzing, managing monitoring, and reporting on key risk management issues.
- Conduct risk assessments, collect and analyze documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends, establish and maintain operation records and reports.
- Conduct an annual audit of campus Property Schedule and Statement of Values.
- Manage all university insurance decisions, Insurance Broker relationship, and related Third Party Administrators for the university, including workers compensation, general liability, educators’ legal liability, foreign liability, aviation liability, vehicle liability, crime, building and contents, property, international travel, cyber security, and various other insurances.
- Report and monitor all insurance claims and loss history.
- Establish and maintain an effective partnership with internal university partners including but not limited to Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, Office of General Counsel, Internal Audit, Facilities, Financial Services, Procurement, and Department of Public Safety.
- Lead and supervise Youth Protection and Minors on Campus program.
- Consult with and advise university senior leaders on risk management issues, as needed.
- Provide requested information for quarterly Board of Regents presentations.
- Oversee supervised personnel by setting strategic direction and goals that align with the university mission and creating a culture of engagement while also focusing on employee development and training.
- Oversee and monitor the departmental budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, risk management or other related fields
- 8 years of related work experience, 3 years of supervisory experience
- 5 or more years of related experience in higher education risk management, insurance, or business administration
- Experience with state and federal laws and risk mitigation
- CRM or other professional certification in risk management or insurance
Application Process- Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Jessica Simpson at: firstname.lastname@example.orgPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.