We are searching for a Head of Compliance who will bring strategic and pragmatic vision to our Client’s growing Compliance Department. The ideal candidate will be motivated by new opportunities and challenges and will embrace interdepartmental problem solving to advance goals and priorities.
Why Join Us:
Join one of the fastest growing consumer finance companies in America on a mission to make it simpler, faster, and more transparent to make essential life purchases. By combining smarter technology with a relentless focus on customer experience, our Client is transforming the financing experience in retail stores and websites nationwide.
- Serve as the primary authority on best practices for adhering to state and federal lease-to-own and consumer lending laws, regulations, and other requirements
- Responsible for leading a team of enthusiastic compliance professionals in administering our Compliance Management System
- Development, approval, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Periodic and ad hoc compliance testing and audits
- Consumer complaint review, investigation, and response
- Regulatory compliance training program
- Issue and event management, including root cause analysis
- Legislative and regulatory change management
- Compliance with BSA/AML requirements, including supervising our BSA Officer
- Third party compliance with policies and legal expectations
- West Creek’s responses to external compliance audits, regulatory examinations, and similar special projects
- 7+ years of experience, including 3+ years of management experience, in a financial services compliance and/or legal department
- Expertise in consumer finance requirements imposed by federal and state laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and industry standards
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a fast-paced start-up, fintech, or high-growth organization
- Ability to manage multiple, and often competing, tasks, priorities, and deadlines
- Experience leveraging technology to streamline organizational compliance and a willingness to learn new technology
- Subject matter expertise in consumer financial services regulation, including consumer financial protection laws, BSA/AML requirements, and/or licensing
- Bachelor’s DegreeRelevant certifications or advanced degree (e.g. CRCM, CAMS, CIPP, JD, Paralegal) preferred
- Familiarity with research in Westlaw and/or LexisNexis strongly preferred
Application Process- Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Jessica Simpson at: firstname.lastname@example.orgPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.