We are representing an $8billion national healthcare provider in their search for a Chief Compliance Officer.
Why Join Us:
- Strategic compliance leadership role with direct reporting line to CEO and Board of Directors
- Business established for 20 years with over 60,000 employees and operations in 90 national locations
- Opportunity to own the development and refinement of a large national compliance program
- Company values include integrity and trust, inclusion and compassion, legal and ethical compliance
- Reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board
- Function as a part of a multi-disciplinary risk mitigation function to develop an annual work plan that is inclusive of compliance, legal, quality, and other enterprise wide risk considerations; Create the structure that embeds this approach in each of the markets served by the organization
- Together with the General Counsel and other risk officers, reimagining the structure and staffing of the compliance function to reflect a newly expanded company foot print
- Managing a team to ensure laws and regulations of regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures are being followed, and associated behavior meets the company standards of conduct
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for enterprise-wide compliance program
- Collaborate with other departments (Legal, Risk Management, Internal Audit, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Monitor compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of all compliance activities and trends
- Oversee responses to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Assist the legal department as needed with the response to government investigations and inquiries
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct as well as compliance with all relevant laws affecting corporate operations
- Promote a culture of compliance, including use of the compliance hotline, heighten awareness of standards of conduct, and market understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance and provide advice directly to business executives and unit leaders, cultivating compliance culture across the business
- Report regularly to the Company’s executive Compliance Committee and the Compliance Committee of the Board related to material organizational risks, and how the company is managing to mitigate those risks.
- Essential Education: Bachelor’s degree, JD or other advanced degree is desirable
- Compliance Experience: You must bring significant healthcare delivery compliance and leadership experience
- You must have demonstrable exposure to building/improving a large and complex compliance program
- A willingness to engage with leaders in a creative redesign of a compliance program that fits the needs of a large, multi-location organization in today’s healthcare environment
- Comprehensive relocation package for suitable candidates. Remote working arrangement not available.
Application Process for Chief Compliance Officer:
Qualified professionals are to submit interest/resume to Steve Harrison: firstname.lastname@example.orgPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.