We are representing an established international organization in their search for a Head of Risk & Compliance.
Why Join Us:
• Firmly mission-driven organization with committed funding and resources to develop a best-in-class program
• Opportunity to create and build robust domestic and international compliance and risk programs
• You will lead the global Compliance and Risk function, reporting into the Group General Counsel, providing subject matter expertise with applicable legal and compliance standards and risk frameworks to identify and mitigate compliance risks in business operations
• Implement controls and processes, manage compliance program workflow, help to resolve challenging compliance problems and communicate clearly with business stakeholders
• Drive the execution of various compliance programs, including policy governance, gifts and entertainment, privacy operations, data governance, sanctions screening, training and communications
• Provide point of contact for business partner compliance-related inquiries and collaborate across teams to ensure compliance and privacy support operations processes are fulfilled and operating smoothly.
• Work with external consultants on establishing and implementing a comprehensive risk management framework and plan
• Analyze business initiatives, products and processes to ensure they comply with applicable laws and regulations; practice sound judgement to effectively assess and balance risk in the provision of compliance advice to the business
• Implement and administer the risk register in terms of probability/impact etc.
• Provide internal support and training to various department heads on risk identification processes and procedures
• Act as Secretary of the Management Risk Committee; present the risk register, risk analysis and risk management framework for review and approval
• Work with ‘risk owners’ to avoid, control, transfer or retain potential risks
• Work closely with the Technology and Accounting teams to identify and mitigate enterprise risks, as well as implement controls and processes.
• Conduct reviews to identify, assess, and advise on compliance and operational risks and controls
• Develop, enhance and implement risk and compliance policies, procedures and related training
• Oversee the company’s sanctions screening and compliance
• Support core privacy operations processes. Escalate and resolve project issues, mitigate risks, and monitor project status to ensure on time project delivery
• Collaborate across departments to support the development of programs to mitigate data security and governance risks relating to internal and customer data
• Maintain expert knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, keeping up and advising the business on current developments
• Design, develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- You will be comfortable with weekly travel to the Washington DC area
- Essential education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred education: JD or other advanced degree
- You will have extensive proven experience leading regulatory compliance initiatives on an international scale, including exposure regulations governing anti-corruption and bribery (including FCPA), anti-money laundering, trade sanctions, data privacy, and other regulatory compliance frameworks
Application Process for Head of Risk & Compliance:
Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Steve Harrison: email@example.com