We are exclusively representing a one of the largest medical supply companies in its search for a Senior Director of Global Trade Compliance to initiate and direct the Global Import-Export trade compliance programs across the enterprise.
Why Join Us:
- Join a company that has been serving the healthcare community for over 100 years and over 50 consecutive years of growth in revenue.
What to expect:
- Act as the lead subject matter expert in Trade Compliance matters and serve as the primary point of contact and authority for internal and external inquiries concerning the Trade and Customs compliance programs.
- Conduct internal compliance audits, maintaining trade SOPs and coordinating training for multiple international operating units.
- Lead the development, management and refinement of Global Import-Export Trade Compliance Programs.
- Direct relationships with US and International Customs officials, Customs Brokers and other 3rd party trade entities involved in the import and export process.
- Provide advice and guidance on trade compliance matters, including activities relating to U.S. and international sanctions regimes, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, customs federal regulations, entry processes, valuation, and informed compliance methods.
- Mitigate Trade risks, identify opportunities for cost-savings and participate in various government initiatives and global trade programs.
- Continuously review HTS classifications, Drawback and trade program eligibility, USMCA, GSP etc.
- Manage supply-chain security initiatives, C-TPAT, AEO and FTZ optimization.
- Facilitate successful resolution of regulatory challenges through policy and communication strategies with U.S. and foreign government agencies.
- Lead internal audits to improve Trade practices and monitor compliance to policies.
- Lead corporate trade compliance team and provide guidance to field compliance professionals.
- Manage Trade System strategies globally and works with IS to ensure they are securely integrated with ERP systems across the enterprise. This includes but not limited to: Trade data, 3rd Party Screening, FTZ, and IMMEX operating systems.
- Advise management on trade compliance issues.
- Management responsibilities;
- Typically manages through multiple Managers
- Provide leadership and management to one or more major departments of an operating unit or to a department that has system-wide accountability
- Strategic, tactical and operational planning (12 + months) for the function or department
- Direct budgetary responsibility for one or more departments, functions or major projects/programs
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects; develop, recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade or related field.
- At least 8 years import/export compliance experience with international responsibilities.
- Extensive experience with directing and leading an import/export compliance program.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Strong working knowledge of Customs valuation, HTS classification, Global FTA programs and country of origin determination.
- Experience with US Customs reconciliation program.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership experience.
- Hands on and strategic management skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently on multiple tasks.
- Excellent data, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Position requires travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes domestically as well as internationally
- Customs Broker License
- ISA, C-TPAT, AEO and SASP application or management experience.
- Experience with FDA regulated products
Application Process- Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Jessica Simpson at: email@example.comPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.