Senior Director, Legal & Compliance
Real Estate Investment
Location: Charleston, SC Area (Full relocation package available)
We are representing a $35 billion AUM global real-estate company in their search for a Senior Director, Legal & Compliance.
Why Join Us:
- Established 25 years, company with offices throughout the United States, Europe, LATAM and APAC.
- AUM multiplied six times since 2011, on track to double in the next five years
- Continuously growing company with plans to establish in several new international regions
- Stable capital position via investment from Sovereign Wealth and Pension Funds
- Opportunity to work both strategically and operationally to enhance programs
Expectations first 12 months:
- Establish yourself as a compliance leader among US and international business stakeholders
- Create strategy and implement change around compliance management for team members company-wide
- Develop an enhanced code of conduct training program and roll out in the US and internationally
- Develop and implement a quarterly compliance reporting framework
- Reporting directly to the Global Chief Compliance Officer, managing a team in the US and working directly with Regional CCOs internationally
- Oversee due diligence related to third parties and business partners
- Manage internal investigations, including internal and external fraud investigations and other corrupt practice investigations
- Oversee GDRP, privacy and AML compliance globally
- Collaborate with local lawyers in various countries to ensure the Company’s compliance with global and regional requirements
- Develop and implement a training program to enforce corporate compliance
- As necessary, update and develop policies, procedures and guidance documents as needed across markets, divisions and functional areas
- Manage and develop directors and associates within the compliance department
- JD required along with a license to practice in at least one state
- You must bring relevant experience, ideally from a real estate background in compliance, in-house law or from a law firm
- You will have exposure to drafting and executing legal documents
- You will ideally have exposure to international compliance management
- Comprehensive relocation package available for suitable candidates. Remote working arrangement is not available.
Application Process for Senior Director, Legal & Compliance: Qualified professionals are to submit resume to Steve Harrison at email@example.comPublished by Conselium Executive Search, the global leader in compliance search.